0121 301 3950
The Uffculme Centre was built in 1891 as a home to Richard Cadbury and his family until 1906.
The house and grounds were then used for the entertainment of adult school members and social wokers for 7 years.
In 1914 the house provided shelter for refugees from Belgium.
From 1916 to 1929 the house formed part of a hospital a hospital for disabled ex-service men. During the war, it was staffed by
members of the Friends Ambulance Unit.
The centre was erected by the Highbury Trustees to record the generous gift on 2nd December 1916, by Mr and Mrs Cadbury of the house and 36 acres of land to Birmingham City Council for the general benefit of its citizens.
Following an extensive refurbishment the Uffculme Centre is now one of the regions best training and conference centres.
During Uffculme's restoration much of its original character and period features have been retained, which makes it the perfect venue for any event or occassion.