Uffculme

Centre

Facebook circle blue large Twitter circle blue large Mail black large Tel black large

 

The Uffculme Centre was built in 1891 as a home to Richard Cadbury and his family until 1906.

The house and grounds were then used for the entertainment of adult school members and social wokers for 7 years.

In 1914 the house provided shelter for refugees from Belgium.

From 1916 to 1929 thehouse formed a part of a hospital for disabled ex-service men during the war which was staffed by

members and friends of the ambulance service.

 

The centre was erected by the Highbury Trustees to record the generous gift on 2nd December 1916, by Mr and Mrs Cadbury of the house and 36 acres of land to the Birmingham City Council for the general benefit of the citizens.

 

Following an extensive refurbishment the Uffculme Centre is now one of the regions best training and conference facilities.

During Uffculmes restoration we have worked hard to maintain much of its original character and period features which makes it the perfect venue for almost any event or occassion.

Copyright Uffculme Centre 2015

uffculme-image-from-helen-cadbury-alexander-1906-r Front New 2.0 The Great Hall IMG_20141024_105714